Monday, December 28, 2009

So Long, Stink-year!

-->
It’s been a long year, and a good year, and a bad year. 2009 started out crappy. I was still going batshit crazy over the May 2008 death of my younger sister. My craziness, and hackneyed attempts to deal with the grief almost ended in losing my girlfriend and my band. The girl was actually lost, and regained, and married. The band, well, I managed to barely avert my destruction of that, but only by mere inches and a lot of tongue biting. Don’t even ask me about 2008 because I really don’t want to think about it ever again. 2009, I might discuss, but I’m not eager to start right now. Best to let time slide by for a better long distance look. I’m ready to move on to different things and ways of thinking.

2009 was weird. I lost my job. Actually I didn’t really lose it, I mean I knew where it was, but they weren’t calling to give me any hours and actually told me to go on unemployment, which I did. It was weird, getting paid what amounted to minimum wage and not actually have to work a crappy job. You would think I got a lot done and accomplished many great things. Nope. I pretty much wasted all of that time. Apparently I need to be oppressed by at least 20 hours of work a week in order to get anything done. Sad, but true. I’ve written some of my best songs at work, when I’m supposed to be working.

In November, after applying for 120 state jobs, I finally got one. Now I work 40 hours a week, have all kinds of crazy medical benefits and many paid holidays. We shall see how long this lasts. I’m at the point where I need to make it last a good long while because I am no longer 23 and I am rapidly running out of teeth. I have to actually start taking care of myself and repairing the self destruction I wrought in the past. Fun. I know I can make it work, it just kinda sucks that I have to. Childhood, after 40 years, is finally over. Time to be responsible for myself. Ah well, couldn’t last forever.

0 Comments:

<< Home